Visa and Residence Permit
All the international students are required to apply for student visa (type X) to come to China. The X visa can be applied at Chinese embassy or consulate in your own country with the admission letter, JW202 form and your passport.
The X visa is valid only 30 days upon arriving in China. The university will help students to change it to the residence permit at the local Exit &Bureau when they arrive at the university.
The physical examination result within the recent 6 months is required when changing to residence permit. Students can either do it at their home country or at the city where the university locates.
Please keep in mind that the residence permit takes 3 weeks after submitting the application. During these 3 weeks, the passport will be kept by the Exit & Entry Bureau. Therefore, we suggest students prepare enough money for living expense before submitting the application.